Friday, November 16, 2012
It's International Hermit and Stitch Weekend this weekend! I was thinking earlier this week that it might be possible for me to actually finish Random Thoughts this weekend. In fact, today (along with a little Halo =) I managed to finish stitching the bottom border (including frogging and restitching). I even frogged and restitched the Jessica stitches on the sunflowers. I'd been thinking of doing this since I took the Les Ruban class with Tony Minieri last year and learned the "right" way to do a Jessica stitch (basically, your final legs need to go under the first stitch rather than over...this makes the stitch look like it has no beginning or end =).
I have gone over the instructions with a fine-toothed comb and I cannot find anywhere what I should be hemstitching with. The best I can find searching online is that it's supposed to be #12 pearl cotton, so I guess I'll go with that!
So any bets on whether I'll succeed or not??
- ► 2016 (21)
- ► 2014 (54)
- ► 2013 (90)
- NaBloPoMo is NoMo
- Theme-a-licious Nail It November Wrap-Up
- RIP, Faithful Shoes
- Glass-making Experience
- The Geekend That Was, 11/25
- Fall into Winter Giveaway Winner!
- A Christmas Tea
- WIP Wednesday (Almost a Hat)
- Red Alert
- The Geekend That Was, 11/18 (Actual Random Hermitt...
- Retro Travel Sunday: Victoria, BC
- Are You Tired of Random Thoughts Pictures Yet?
- International Hermit and...Darn It
- Theme-a-licious Nail It November Check In
- WIP Wednesday...Say What? Edition
- TUSAL Tuesday
- The Geekend That Was, 11/11
- Retro Travel Sunday: Ketchikan
- 500th Post, 200 Follower Giveaway!
- Random Disaster Strikes
- Another Corner Done!
- WIP Wednesday: Things That Are Round Edition
- Stealth Squirrel Checks In
- The Geekend That Was, 11/4
- I'll Give the Hour Back
- Back to Square One
- Confined to the Couch
- DoYoKno what NaBloPoMo means?
- ▼ November (30)
- ► 2011 (141)
- ► 2010 (22)
- ► 2009 (37)
- ► 2008 (70)