Thursday, April 5, 2012

WIPocalypse Check-in 4

Click now for JiffNotes

WIPocalypse

So with March Madness last month, I wasn't concentrating on any WIPocalypse projects, but some of them still came up. So I made a smattering of progress here and there...if you kept up with me during March Madness, these pictures are going to be a bit of a rerun. =)

A little bit of progress on Shakespeare's Garden:
 

I HAVE to finish Random Thoughts this year now:
I put a stake in the ground! Drew a line in the sand! Crossed the point of no return!
No frogging allowed!!!

I worked on the Origami Turtle; I'm done with the front sides, and I've started one of the sleeves!
This picture was obviously taken while the fronts were still in progress. I'm knitting the sleeves one at a time because it was a pain to knit the fronts both at once...too tangly. I have no problem knitting two socks at once...these were just too big. But it was nice to not have to write lots of notes about what I'd done on the Left so I could replicate it on the Right! I'm taking copious notes on the sleeve. In fact, I sat down and made myself a sleeve diagram earlier in the week so I wouldn't have to "think" anymore (at least about this sweater). =) At least I don't have to "reverse" the instructions like I had to do with the fronts! A sleeve is a sleeve!

Since Amazon April has started, I'm now done with ribbon #1 on Les Rubans Anciennes, and I'm working on ribbon #2!
Um, yeah, it doesn't look like much is done on the piece as a whole, but it's a lot of work!

I made a "little" progress on Keep a Little Secret:
Get it? "Little" because it's over-one, not very much progress, AND part of a project with "Little" in the title. What's better than double entendre?? TRIPLE ENTENDRE!!!

Urban Necessity Gloves got some love:
Done with the cuffs and starting on the thumb gusset (hence the stitch markers).

Finally, Eight-Pointed Star...
I thought I'd finished all the kloster blocks, but I missed a little section there. Oh, well. Soon I'll be on to the fun stuff.

JiffNotes
Visit Measi's blog to see more earth-shaking WIPocalypse posts by clicking the graphic at the top of this post!

18 comments:

Joysze said...

It always amazes me, when I see posts with WIPS, how many projects you have guys have going at the same time...

Susan said...

Wonderful progress. I have yet to figure out the knitting two of anything at the same time. Okay, I haven't fully figured out knitting one at a time!

Fiona said...

great looking progress there, I love your knock knock knock Penny stitch markers!! (huge TBBT Fan here!)

Kielrain said...

Those are some great looking projects!

WhizGidget said...

LOLOLOLOL OMG, those are the BEST stitch markers EVA!

Great projects too!

Veronica said...

Beautiful stitching! What a coincidence that the last three WiPs have more or less the same colours ^.^

Hugs,
Veronica.

Diane (di) said...

Oh my goodness, you have some beautiful projects going and you made some amazsing progress on them, too. Random Thoughts and Keep a Little Secret... wow!

Unknown said...

Great work on all of those projects.

Hugs Yvon.

Sue said...

It may be a rerun, but I enjoyed looking at each one of your projects again!

Lija Broka said...

well done!

Southpaw Stitcher said...

Love, love, love all your WIPs! Every time I see your progress on Random Thoughts, I just want to add the chart to my stash! Looks like you did at LOT this past month!

Anonymous said...

great progress and your eight point star is going to be so stunning

Lelia said...

Oh, Random Thoughts! Looks terrific with the date! I probably have that chart around here someplace, too. Yours looks great. (along with your other projects - beautiful stitching)

Chris said...

beautiful projects Heather. You have really made a lot of progress.

Anne said...

Heather! Your WIPS are gorgeous!! I'm amazed that you have so many great projects going!!

MoonBeam said...

Wow, lots of fun, pretty projects. Can't wait to see your progress.

Bobbi

Melanie said...

So many great projects!! I love seeing the progress pics as you go.

Valentina said...

Busy bee Heather!

Old Geek-outs