Saturday, April 14, 2012

Theme-a-licious Amazon April Check-in



It's time for us to check in with our progress for Amazon April! I must tell you that coming off of March Madness, it feels like I haven't done that much! Especially since I started working on Les Rubans, and ribbon #2 is very labor-intensive. What's so sad is I know some of the others are even MORE labor-intensive than this one! I did manage to finish one section of the ribbon:

Here are a few more shots so you can see how dimensional those crescent stitches are...


And the whole thing as it stands now.
*sigh* Only two more sections of this ribbon to go! I will be very happy to go back to a linen project. Stitching the final crescent was NOT fun. I had to do some major digging to find the proper holes, I miscounted at least a dozen times, and pushing the needle through the canvas makes my finger sore after a while. (I know, I know, I should use a thimble, but I never learned to stitch with one, so I'm afraid it would slow me down terribly.) But it *is* going to be gorgeous once it's done!

I also continued to plod along on my Origami Turtle cardigan. Here's about half of a sleeve:
Next up: Random Thoughts!



So how's Amazon April going for you? Much more sedate than March Madness, yes? =) Please add your link below (to your wrap-up post), and visit some other Themers if you can (everyone loves comments and encouragement!) Our next post will be on the 30th, when we'll wrap up Amazon April and make plans for May Memories! And don't worry if you haven't posted before...just jump in whenever.




1. Therapy-by-Thread

2. Sherrie@ Food for Thought
3. Ruths Little Leprechauns
4. Serendipitous Stitching April
5. Julies update
6. Chic Crafting
7. Karoline
8. shebafudge mid month update



This linky list is now closed.

8 comments:

Chris said...

It is looking great and I know the hard work will pay off.

Blu said...

Les Rubans is so gorgeous! The colours and the sparkle are incredible.

Sherrie said...

Hi Heather,
It's beautiful work! Love that raised design. Have a great day!

Sherrie
Food for Thought
http://100sweets.blogspot.com/2012/04/theme-licious-april-check-in.html

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That is a SERIOUS BAP! Makes my little over 1 look like stitching on Binca LOL.

Julie said...

So beautiful! Sorry we didn't get to chat yesterday, I was worried about the baby billy goats.

Karoline said...

The ribbon is looking stunning even if it's a pain to stitch

woolwoman said...

Your Tony piece is so gorgeous - I know all those layered stitches are so cumbersome but worth the effort I'm sure. Have a great week ! mel

Joysze said...

Um hellooooo?????!!!! How did I miss this post????????!!!!!!!!!!! *thumps head!!*

Ok... I'm finished drooling over Les Rubans now... kinda.... ok... wait.....

Alright... that should tide me over for a bit. IT'S SPECTACULAR, Heather!!! :D

Old Geek-outs