Saturday, January 14, 2012

Theme-a-licious Jardin January Check-in



Check-in day for Theme-a-licious is the 15th, but I'm posting this a little early so participants 'round the globe (omigosh, how cool is it that we're themeing 'round the globe??) can check in while it's still the 15th for them!

A quick graphic note...for those of you that put the original graphic on your blog sidebars (which I do appreciate!) remember that there's now a much prettier version available! (i.e., made by a real graphic designer instead of me ;) To change from this:

to this:

just change the last part of the "src" in your "img" tag to "themeButton.gif" (note capital "B") instead of "themeblink.png". Unless, of course, you just like my unprofessional one better. ;)

Now on to the update! So far I've been able to work on two of the four pieces I wanted to work on for Jardin January. First up: Shakespeare's Garden.
I kind of stalled out when I remembered that I was missing one color of Flower Thread. Measi was kind enough to check at her LNS, but they didn't have it. I'm now going to stitch it with another color to measure exactly how much I need and hope someone can give up a partial skein. You guys are loving this piece in the comments and making me really want to finish it!!

Awaiting a response on the Flower Thread, I moved on to Convents Herbal Garden. I worked on the upper right corner.
This piece goes really slowly for me for whatever reason! I was thinking I'd finish this corner, but now I'm not sure...

My third planned piece for this month is Sanctuary by Drawn Thread. And the fourth is a knitting project I won't start 'til I'm done with a certain sweater. But you guys also really loved Les Rubans. And it, you know...kinda has flowers on it. =)

So what do you say? What should I work on for the rest of the month?

How has your Jardin January been shaping up? Please add your link below (to your check-in post). And despite what Mister Linky says, you don't need to comment after linking, though of course I'll always appreciate it. =) Our next check-in post will be on the 31st, when we'll sum up Jardin January and make plans for Fangirl February!

1. Lucie
2. shebafudge (Sharon)
3. Joanne P
4. Daffycat
5. Julie Vila
6. Shannon
7. Sherry
8. Blu
9. Mindi
10. Cathymk
11. Valentina
12. cucki
13. Karoline
14. Sara (xeihua)
15. Jan
16. Sue
17. Measi
18. Loretta

19 comments:

Kaisievic said...

Loving your gardens, beautiful stitching.

Hugs, Kaye xoxox

Paula said...

Love the progress so far.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Posted my link. Love your progress so far. Isn't it great to stitch greenery and flowers when it's so bleak outside?

cucki said...

lovely progress..i love your stitching so much..
hugs cucki xx

Daffycat said...

Ooo, your gardens are very pretty, Heather! I hope you can find some of the thread you need to continue!

Minnie said...

Beautiful designs and you have made great progress.

chris said...

Wonderful Chatelaine.. it has made me want to stitch mine.

Chris xx

Sherry said...

Such beautiful projects!! Congrats on your progress.

Delusional Knitter said...

Beautiful stitching. I am still working my way through my knit WIPs so I'm not joining, but I am enjoying your Capt. Mal graphic!!!

Mindi said...

Your stitching is looking lovely, and much more of a garden than what I worked on the first part of the month! Hopefully I got the linky to work, it was giving me some trouble and not showing up. Knowing my luck, I probably posted my link 3 times.

Thanks for doing this, its going to be a lot of fun!

cathymk said...

I've just started wondering what to do for fangirl February... I'm going to have to pick from my WIPS this time - surely one of those ought to be from my favourite designer (who??? I'm terrible at settling on a favourite.)

Your WIPS look gorgeous, Heather. Still loving that Chatelaine!

Valentina said...

I love both your progresses. I've posted my link, hope you'll like it.

Karoline said...

They're looking lovely, great progress

Sue said...

The stitching on both pieces is delightful. I've posted and let Mr Linky know.

Shelleen said...

Great progress pics.

Topcho said...

After seeing all those awesome progress pics of everyone who is doing the Theme-a-licious, I finally made up my mind. If it's not too late, I'm joining in! That new button is way too cute not to have. I kinda missed that first check in, but I'll do something till the end of the month.

Measi said...

I'm a bit late... but hadn't decided what I was working on for the theme yet this month. I now have- Floral Bellpull is on the scroll bars!

Loving both pieces so far... sad that I couldn't find the flower thread for you (although I definitely could do the danish flower thread if we can find an appropriate conversion color).

I'm partial to the Chatelaine for you to keep working on... but I know they tend to be ones that need to be done in slightly slow doses at times!

Terri said...

I love, love, LOVE these 2 pieces! Beautiful work!

Oops, I forgot to check in this month! I'll do that this evening when I get home.

autumngeisha said...

Your stitching is beautiful. I really love Les Rubans. It is just lovely to look at all your flowery projects in winter.

Old Geek-outs