Monday, January 9, 2012

The Geekend That Was, 1/8

Click now for JiffNotes

Thank you so much for all your kind comments on Les Rubans. =) I must admit that you all make me want to pull it out and work on it!! Gabi asked what I meant by "chichi" women...I meant women with a lot of money who are always "dressed to impress". Now, this is not to say that everyone at that shop has been anything but perfectly nice any time I've been there. It's just me being intimidated! Thank you also for the well wishes on my sinus infection. This week was wretched, but I am feeling like a human again!!

The big project for the weekend was taking down all the Christmas decorations.
 
The corner always looks so empty just after the tree comes down.

I did manage to do one thing that I wanted to do at the end of last year. I'd been so tempted to join different sock clubs (especially Cookie A's...I LOVE her stuff!) but I have so many sock patterns and so much sock yarn already. So I took a page from The Yarn Harlot's book and made my own.
 
There are only five bags here because I was going for six, but I already have two socks in progress. You can see one bag is different...after I made up the bags, I had Michael switch out the contents of that bag with another one so I wouldn't know which "kit" was in it. I'll probably pick that one first! =) Gee whiz, I wound a lot of yarn!

JiffNotes
I think I win for owning the most Christmas ornaments...or at least for having the most pine needles on my floor!

8 comments:

Katri said...

Your own sock club, now that's a neat idea :-)

And what a lovely start on WIPocalypse!

pinkundine said...

Oooh, personal sock club... That is a cunning plan. I might have to do something like that myself, thanks for the idea!

Laurita Hall said...

That robot bag is so cute!

Hugs,
Laurita

Nic said...

That is such a great idea! The only thing that would beat it is a secret swap sock club where at each mailout, you have a different person in the group to send a skein of sock yarn to. Six deliveries later, six skeins from six different people and the socks you knit with them. Hmmm, maybe this is something we should think of organising for later in the year - I'm sure we could easily get a group of sevent people together :)

cucki said...

very sweet start on your wip..
i love the cute robot bag..very sweet.
love for you
hugs cucki xx

Aimee said...

Ooh, so much FUN!! My goal is to learn to knit socks this year. I am chomping at the bit, but I'm making myself finish two baby gifts first. (One for Chorale folks!) THEN. Then, I'll be allowed to learn the new stuff. Wheee!

Aimee said...

And the sock swap idea from Nic? AWESOME.

Melanie said...

Doing your own sock club is fun fun fun! The club bags are adorable too. :)

Old Geek-outs