Monday, January 10, 2011

Hothlanta

Click now for JiffNotes

Heh, I saw that term on twitter and thought it was hilarious (especially since most of the year we are "Hotlanta". The ATL is covered in snow, and since in Atlanta every snowflake a snowpocalypse doth make, most of the city is shut down. NOT MY COMPANY THOUGH. What, building management emailed and said that building operations will not be working today, the property is covered with ice and snow, and you are only to come in AT YOUR OWN RISK?? NO MATTER, we're still "open", although encouraged to work from home.

Jerks.

As a result, I forgot to photograph my crazy challenge start from this weekend in the daylight, so you'll have to wait until tomorrow. Instead, enjoy some pictures my crazy spouse braved the 20 degree weather to take from our deck.


JiffNotes
We got around 3 inches...Brrrrrrrrrr!!!!

3 comments:

Delusional Knitter said...

Hothlanta ... love it! Can't say I can sympathize though. Up here in New England, we're expected to still get to work when there's 3 FEET of snow ... LOL!

Jackie's Stitches said...

It looks so beautiful! I hope you don't lose electricity and can work from home for a few days.

Jean in Georgia said...

Uh, yeah. We're going nowhere. Street's a sheet of ice. Penny is Not. Happy. with the snow that she sinks into up to her little arm(?)pits.

But I am enjoying the TV coverage as I talk to clients on the phone. Maybe a little too much.

Old Geek-outs