The trick is...if you're using the "new" Blogger interface, you'll need to switch back to using the old interface to change this option. To do this:
- From your blog's main administrator page (where you start a new post, or check on your stats, or edit your pages), look in the upper right-hand corner, and you should see a button with a gear on it.
- Click that and it will drop down a menu.
- Select "Old Blogger interface" (don't worry; you can switch back).
- Find the "Settings" link (or tab) and click it.
- Look for "Comments"...now don't click the "Comments" tab that sits between "Posting" and "Settings" at the top. Look for the one underneath "Settings" and click that.
- Scrolllll down and look for "Show word verification for comments?".
- Click NO!
- Now click the "Save Settings" button at the bottom of the page.
(Hint: for most of these, you can "search" for the text to find where to go...Ctrl-F in most browsers.)
Hope this helps someone...if you need pictures, I can try and put them up later!