Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Extremely High

Last night on the news I heard that the pollen count was 149, which is rated "Extremely High" on whatever the pollen scale is. This reminded me of about a month ago, when the pollen count was 5,269 (seriously)...and it was also rated "Extremely High". I'm not sure how the divisions in this scale were determined, but it seems that if we rated earthquakes with it, the disturbances caused by the San Francisco quake of 1906 and my upstairs neighbor (whom we have affectionately nicknamed "Stomper") making a milkshake at 5:43 this morning would both be ranked "Extremely High". I do suffer from some allergies, but they're not that bad. I think maybe allergy sufferers should recalibrate the scale. It would speak more to how to achieve a level of normal function:
  • No Medication Necessary

  • Over the Counter Meds

  • Prescription Meds

  • Don't Make Plans that Require Thought

  • For the Love of God, Don't Go Outside!

1 comment:

Erin (moviemuse) said...

LOL! That reminds me of the thing I saw about the various seasons in Arizona. "Tolerably hot, intolerably hot, hot beyond all possible human endurance, and OMG are you kidding me!"

Old Geek-outs