Sunday, January 29, 2017

Smalls SAL January 2017


I'm only a couple days late to check in! No idea what the Smalls SAL is all about? Click the graphic above to learn more (and see lovely smalls from others!)

Every year, on Groundhog Day, I think, "Rats!! I should have stitched that Groundhog Day freebie that's in my stash! I should definitely write myself a reminder in January next year!"

But not this year!

This year, somehow, I remembered this design, in January, WITHOUT a reminder, and WITH enough time to actually stitch it before Groundhog Day.


I stitched it on perforated paper because that was the easiest thing to grab and required fewer decisions (I have fewer colors of perforated paper than I do of linen....) Even so, I managed to pull the wrong color of perforated paper...I wanted "sky blue", but it turns out I stitched it on "periwinkle blue" instead. Oh, well. I changed most of the swirl colors and substituted random beads from my stash for the scattered stitches so that I could use invisible beading thread that wouldn't show through the paper holes.

Stay tuned for finishing! (Spoiler alert: You'll see it on February 2nd! =) If you are interested in stitching this freebie yourself, let me know and I will pass it on to you.

12 comments:

Bea said...

They look very happy to be above ground. It's a great little stitch.

Brigitte said...

Great little stitch. I have always loved this design.

Mary said...

Adorable finish.

Sheryl said...

Cute little design.

Kerryp77 said...

Such a cute, cute finish! looking forward to seeing what you do with him on the 2nd.

Tiffstitch said...

That is so cool! And nicely done remembering in time to finish it. I think it would be fun to stitch some day, but I wouldn't be able to stitch it any time soon.

Sarah said...

He's super cute. Hope he brings an early spring.

Astrids dragon said...

Adorable, perfect timing!

Melinda Forbes said...

What a Great finish. Thank you for sharing

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

He's so cute! I managed to stitch a new Heart in time for Valentine's this year so we're both doing well!

Heather said...

Congrats on remembering lol he's adorable!

jocondine said...

Nice pal, cute look. xxx

Old Geek-outs