Friday, January 20, 2017

Finished Object Friday: Felted Moebius Bowl

Three posts in one week! Don't get used to it. =)


This was a project I did for Loopy Academy, Freshman Year, Semester Two. The "assignment" was to create something felted (using 225 yards of yarn). Don't let anyone tell you that front-loading washers don't felt...as I already knew due to an unfortunate scarf incident. It only took me two tries to get the moebius cast-on correct. ;) From there it was a quick and fun knit. The middle of the bowl is a different color because I didn't want to buy extra yarn!!


8 comments:

Kerryp77 said...

That's really cool. Love the colour choice. Front loading machines do felt quite well. (Sweater in my case!)

gracie said...

I really like this bowl. I learned the cast on years back but not sure if I could do it again without many tries....you did great.

Bea said...

Love the colours. Well done!

Jackie's Stitches said...

Heather, it's gorgeous!

Sheryl said...

This is really clever, love the colour too.

Julie said...

Love this, great colour.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

This is awesome, the two colours look great and deliberate too.

Heather said...

That looks great! I love the color choices

Old Geek-outs