Friday, January 27, 2017

Finished Object Friday: Butterfly Wing


My Butterfly Wing shawl was a project for Loopy Academy, Freshman Year, Semester Two. The assignment was to create something with two (or more) color stripes. Of course, simple stripes weren't enough for me, I had to have lace, too. ;)


This was really fun to knit, and the pattern is easy to memorize. I made it longer than the pattern by using her supplementary suggestions on how to extend the shawl. Or, I tried to. I lost count and did a strange combination of the suggested segments, but it all came out fine!


This is one of my favorite things I've knit. I took it with me on our cruise through Norway, and it functioned as a warm expedition scarf, elegant dinner wrap, and casual scarf depending on the day!

8 comments:

Kerryp77 said...

Looks really lovely, a pretty colour combination too

CalamityJr said...

Lovely design, colors and style. I'm sure you enjoy wearing your creation.

Bea said...

Love your colour choices. It has a lovely airy look to it and I'm sure is fun to wear.

woolwoman said...

WOW - it's absolutely gorgeous ! good for you recovering after a missed step - it looks great on you! have a wonderful weekend - Mel

Astrids dragon said...

Oh wow, that looks so beautiful! I love the colours you chose, they look great together.

Julie said...

Great colour combo, it looks wonderful.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That is a gorgeous scarf, beautiful design and lovely colours too.

Heather said...

I love this shawl it's gorgeous!

Old Geek-outs