Wednesday, July 27, 2011

WIP Wednesday (Origami Turtle)

I have made a little progress on Random Thoughts...I finally buckled down over the weekend and used every daylight hour to finish the over-one verse. But other than that, there's not much to see.

So instead, here's my "Origami Turtle" (Santos by Berroco).
 
I've made it to the armhole shaping on the back!
Edited to add: Sorry for the misleading title! "Origami Turtle" is my Ravelry project name, because it's knit with Origami yarn, and the color name is "Turtle Bay". I can't promise any actual turtles, but I will have an actual squirrel soon!

For more WIP Wednesday eye candy goodness, head over to Tami's Amis!

9 comments:

Delusional Knitter said...

I thought I was going to see a turtle when I followed the title! :O)

pinkundine said...

The lack of actual turtle is made up for with the pattern link - beautiful cardigan ;)

Calophi said...

Eesh, blogger is giving me 503 errors all over the place when I try to comment.

I love the color yarn you chose for this project!

Wool Diaries said...

Love it, I have to admit the turtle reference did throw me! But it's beautiful.

Minding My Own Stitches said...

I clicked on the link - I was envisioning a vest (because of the mention of armholes) that looked like a turtle shell. And then I was trying to think what to say about THAT. LOL.

I'm relieved to see it'll be a nice cardigan!

Stacey said...

Looking good! How do you like the origami?

Tami Klockau said...

I've always wondered how origami is to knit with. Do you like it? It looks beautiful!

sara said...

OOO! Actual squirrels?

Unknown said...

Can't wait to see that squirrel!

Old Geek-outs