Friday, July 15, 2011

One Year Ago...(Deathly Hallows Party 1)

Click now for JiffNotes

Invitations went out...
 

Food was prepared...
 

Never could find those Invisibility Tuilles.
 

Displays were assembled...
 

Recipes were created...
 

Bacon cups: painful to make, but delicious.
 

Food must be themed...
 

Freshwater plimpies caught...
 

More recipes created...
 

...and enjoyed.
 

 

A gallery of creativity.
 

Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure.
 

Sooo sparkly.
 

Guests with little time to prepare had to stop by Zonko's on the way to the party.
 

Presentations...
 

Explanations and disclaimers from Zonko's...
 

From Rowena Ravenclaw's time among Native Americans; can be worn so as to promote concentration and deep thought.
 

 

Subscriber schwag.
 

Exploring the origin of the Elder Wand...
 

Project Runway: Invisibility Cloak edition.
 

 

JiffNotes
Can't wait for tomorrow!!

If you looked at these pictures and said, "Hunh?" Each year we have hosted a party for friends before going to see the latest Harry Potter movie. Our theme is always related to something in the book, but never aligned with the main plot of the book. We eat, we challenge our guests with trivia and improv, and we work ourselves into a frenzy of anticipation for the film!

9 comments:

Erin (moviemuse) said...

And I am going to hound you for every recipe you have ever used at these parties because I promise you, there is a HP themed birthday party in L's future. The snitches are just too adorable for words!

sara said...

Please excuse me while I pick my jaw up off the ground. You are a simply amazing hostess. What fun everyone must have had!!

Aimee said...

SO cool.

SO jealous.

Although we made the decision to let the boys see DH Pt. 2 in the theaters! We just have to show them movies 6 & 7 first, then we can all go see it together. Can't wait!!

Delusional Knitter said...

OMG that's awesome!! Love the edible snitches!!! I definitely didn't say "huh???" LOL!

Tony Vila said...

We are totes looking forward to tomorrow. We're bringing our mementos from our years at Hogwarts! I am having a hard time keeping mum, because I'm so excited!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Heather you have so much fun!!!! How creative and that must of been a blast!

Tony Vila said...

The pics from our scrapbook: https://picasaweb.google.com/tonemanv/HPPicsToPrint

And yes, the parties can be work for the guests, but that's part of the fun!

Jenny said...

What a wonderful party - I am in awe! And I am jealous!
I wish that I had more imagination and that DH Andy would be interested in parties and food like this.
At least I can enjoy reading about it on your blog! :-)

StitchinKat said...

Outdo yourself every year Heather! We saw Pt.2 on Sunday morning (so we could go home and watch soccer girls) after re-watching pt.1 the night before. I will say again as I have said from the start...Neville is my Hero!

trip pics were awesome too, esp. waterfall with tiny tiny people :-D

Old Geek-outs