Friday, August 5, 2016

Lies We Believe

Click now for JiffNotes

Just to break up the vacation photos with a little actual stitching content, here is one of the projects I bought when I visited The Attic in June. I was in a patriotic mood, so I started this on Flag Day (June 14th), telling myself I could have it practically done by Independence Day (July 4th).

BWAHAHAHA!!!

I also decided that I should start a hardanger piece that I could work on while in Norway! The piece I picked was an odd size, but I found the perfect fabric in my stash to give me an inch border all around the basting! I completely believed the label (that is NOT my handwriting)...

But it turned out that this was NOT 32 count linen, but 28 count linen. I figured this out when my basting lines did this:

Yeaaaahhhhh...that's not the border I planned on. I had to soldier on, anyway, because it was too soon before the trip to prepare another piece of linen. It should be OK since this hardanger piece is edged with a lacy edge, so the basting is actually an inch or so outside the actual design area.

I thought that I'd have plenty of time to stitch on it while we were on the ship in Norway. BWAHAHAHAHA. Here's how far I actually got:

Heyyyy...do you all remember a little thing called the Lottlympiad? Seems there is an Opening Ceremony later today.... Will I come up with a list of events before then? Has Jim recovered from his disastrous tea in London? Will he attempt to speak a "foreign" language again? Do you have any idea what I'm talking about? Does anyone besides me actually care?? =)

JiffNotes
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, and it was probably me lying to myself about how fast I stitch, anyway.

8 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Return of Jim? I love it! Yes, please do allow Jim to take over the blog.

I actually thought about your Olympic blogging last month when I was doing my plans for the WIPocalypse. So yes, I care!

Bea said...

You made me laugh. 2014 I went across Canada by train (and back) and I took 5 WIPs with me because I was going to have ALL that stitching time. Number finished = 0!!

Kerryp77 said...

Brilliant Heather! Hoping the Lottlypiad will be back. I think I'm lying to myself too about how fast I stitch!

woolwoman said...

Love that In Full Glory - I bought the BBD book that has it and then I found that I had already bought the chart (sigh) oh well - I'm sure I needed a new BBD book - hope you have a great weekend - Mel

jocondine said...

Ready for the Lottlympiad! Full glory flag looks great and hardanger in Norway, perfect "geo-stitching". xxx Hugs

Jackie's Stitches said...

I care!

I *always* underestimate how much time it is going to take me to stitch something. Sigh!

Tiffstitch said...

I think underestimating stitching time has lead me to 50+ WIPs.... but anyways, I would love to see Lottlympiad! Hope you have time to make it work.

Heather said...

Lol I told myself the same lie with paradise. It's taken me twice as long as I thought!

Old Geek-outs