Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Theme-a-licious March Madness Check-in



Hey, guess what, everybody?? I got Coke to put up a billboard just a block from my loft for us! See?

OK, not really.

I mean, that billboard really is a block from our place, but it's not JUST for us. It occurred to me, as I was reading your fabulous ideas for March Madness, that it's possible most of my overseas blogging buddies have no idea what this phrase means in the States. In fact, as I consulted Wikipedia, I found that my European friends may have even thought I was talking about tough female hares fighting off males! Although, I must admit that I loved Topcho's report with her picture of the mad March Hare from Alice in Wonderland. =)

Well, in the US, March Madness means basketball. Now don't be too disappointed; when DF Teresa and I did our first private theme-along, we said, "Well, March is March Madness. How can we change that to be stitching-related?" We quickly eliminated a project slam-dunk contest as an option. ;)

Enough talking! On to the stitching!

The Sparkly Compote of Decree has been good to me this month!
Here are links to the reports I did, followed by the highlight reel. =)
And a partridge in a pear tree! No, seriously, that's today's pick. ;)

Highlights...

Snow Catchers by Fanci That.
 

Call of the Sea by With My Needle (Ellen Chester).
 
Aren't these silk colors gorgeous??

And since the last post, I've worked on She Maketh Fine Linen by Moss Creek Designs:
No, I didn't get all that done in one night. ;) From left to right, we have two sides of a scissors sheath, a pincushion wrap, and a thimble cage.

"Wavy" scarf:
This is probably the second scarf I ever started, but I quickly got bored...it's a great one-night project. ;)

Aaaannnd Castles by the Sea by Teresa Wentzler:
I want to put a different verse here than what was charted. I'm thinking about basing it on Psalm 104:25-26:
Here is the sea, great and wide
where Your teeming creations hide.
Above, the ships sail to and fro
and Leviathan doth sport below.

I made it rhyme. I like "sport" better than "play" in other translations. This dragon definitely looks like he's "sporting" to me. =) Of course, that kind of leaves out the castle.... Anyone have any other suggestions?

I did a swap on Wavy and Castles. I pulled Castles for Monday originally, but I knew I would not have much time to stitch and I wanted more time with this one. So I crossed my fingers and picked again. Out came Wavy, which I could make visible progress on in the small amount of time I had.



So how is March Madness treating you? Please add your link below (to your wrap-up post). Our next post will be on the 31st, when we'll wrap up the Madness and talk about Amazon April! And don't worry if you haven't posted before...just jump in whenever.


11 comments:

Autumn said...

March madness...is that what's wrong with me? Oh!

I do love the silk threads you've shown and all the stitchy projects. I'm using silk for the first time right now. It's lovely.

Oh..I'm going to learn to use yarn someday. I want to make a Dr. Who scarf. :-)

Anne said...

Loving the WIP's you have there Heather! The Moss Creek designs is gorgeous! March has been mad with the weather this year for us!! Other than that, I've just been stitching on a couple of projects!!

Dani - tkdchick said...

What a great variety of projects heather!

Topcho said...

LOL! Basketball? I def wasn't expecting that! I was sure it was about hares! Anyway I'm loving all of your projest and the verse you pick for the TW is just perfect :D

Daffycat said...

Wow you are doing great with that compote! I really wanted to see that pear tree...

My March post is up!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

You've got some great March pieces there, my favourite is the TW castle.
"Mad as a March Hare" is such a well-known expression I just assumed that was what it was all about. Basketball? That's like netball for tall men isn't it? LOL

Sherrie said...

Hi Heather,
Beautiful! Love the Castle by the Sea. Have a great day!

Sherrie
Food for Thought
http://100sweets.blogspot.com/2012/03/theme-licious-march-madness-check-in.html

Joysze said...

Love the Moss Creek and TW. Like the verses you've selected too. :D

And while you have Coke on your speed dial, perhaps you could ask them to use sugar instead of high fructose. ROFL!!!!

Unknown said...

OMG I LOVE your blog! I cracked up at the crystal jar "speaking" to you. What a great way to tackle projects.

Sherry said...

I love all your March starts. You are doing great. I tried to add my update above but did something wrong and it won't let me re-add. Can you help with that? Can you delete it and let me try again? SORRY!

Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

Great profress, Heather!

Love the March Madness Coke billboard!

Old Geek-outs