I've been given the Liebster award!
First of all, Jo at Serendipitous Stitching gave me this award back at the beginning of FEBRUARY!! *blushing* I am very remiss in thanking her for this award!! Thank you, Jo!! You really should go visit her blog...it's lovely and Jo runs the cleverest blog hops around the holidays! She has an Easter Treasure Hunt coming up that's going to be a lot of fun. Wish her "Happy Blogoversary," too!
Next, Stitchin' Kat and Ziggyeor gave me this award in the same week (and it was actually this one, so I'm not quite as slack-tastic here!) Thank you both, ladies!!
So what is the Liebster award??
Liebster is a German word meaning favourite, dearest or beloved. The Liebster is awarded by bloggers to other new bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers, to help spread the word about their blogs and to help them gain wider recognition.
The Liebster award comes with four conditions that each recipient must satisfy when accepting.
1. Choose 5 up-and-coming blogs with less than 200 followers to award the Liebster to
2. Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
3. Post the award on your blog. List the bloggers you are giving the award to with links to their sites. Leave comments on their blog so they know about the award.
4. Share 5 random facts about yourself that people don't know about you.
OK, first, the five random facts. Hmm, it's a little difficult to come up with things I know NO ONE knows about me (that I'm willing to reveal!!)
1. In high school, everyone had to take a gun safety class (yes, I went to high school in Mississippi, and yes, we had a larger membership in FFA--Future Farmers of America--than Beta Club. Hmm. Could've made that my fact and stopped there...). At the end of the class, we each took 10 shots at a 6x8" paper target. Can you believe I can't remember what kind of gun we used?? Some kind of rifle, I'm sure...but I have absolutely no memory of firing the gun or anything. What I DO remember, is that unlike many of the boys in my class who often went hunting, I not only got all 10 shots on the card, but all 10 on the target. Unfortunately, my real-life gun skillz did not translate very well to Halo.
2. A lot of people know this one, but those of you who are recent followers don't...when I was in the fifth grade, I was on "Family Feud" with Richard Dawson. My family wasn't on; I was the cute kid from the audience...I got a kiss from Richard, a bundle of Tootsie Pops (that was his "thing" to give out on the show) and TEN BUCKS CASH!! There's actually a whole story of why I got the $10, but I'll save that for another day. =) I often wonder if that hapless stage hand that Richard grabbed the ten bucks from ever got repaid....
3. If you know me IRL, you probably know this one, too, but the hubby and I met at Georgia Tech when we were both cast in a musical. What?? Musical theater at an engineering school?? You betcha.
4. I work with a guy who used to work at Pixar, but even though I LOVE Pixar, I've never asked him about it. I'm too scared I'd go all fan-girl on him.
5. I did not have a job in high school. I was a cheerleader, on the quiz bowl team, math club, chorus, etc., etc...who had the time to work? And even though I could have gotten my learner's permit (for driving) at age 14 (!!!) and my license at 15 (!!!!!), I didn't "have time" until I was 17.
Now for the awardees!! This is the part that's always the most difficult for me...I read so many blogs and enjoy them all! It did help that they needed to have fewer than 200 followers, but it was still a tough decision! There have been a lot of these awards going around, and I tried to check and see if my awardees had already gotten this award, so if you've already gotten it, just think of it as an extra hug. =)
One Stitch Closer to Nirvana - Jenny has lots of fun stories about her menagerie, and she actually finishes things! You sure don't get that around here, LOL!
Tenar's Cave - a lot of you participate in TAST...well, you need to visit this blog for some great think-out-of-the-box inspiration!
Garden Grumbles and Cross Stitch Fumbles - Beth always has beautiful pictures of the furry and feathered friends that visit her yard. She finishes a lot of things, too! And she always has a great monthly blog header.
Rip It Good - Isn't this a great blog name? For creations of the yarny variety, head to Calophi's blog. Also the home of Squee Sundays. =)
Moonraker Lampwerks - Melanie makes pretty, shiny beads and pretty, wooly things. And she stitches. Where does she find the time?? Also possibly the only person who could drink me under the table...WITH TEA, people. What kind of blog do you think this is??
|Thank you for the blog love!!|