Friday, April 4, 2014

Finished Object Friday (two socks! er...FOUR socks!)

Click now for JiffNotes

It's time for my latest finish in the Cookie A Sock Club! Actually, this is the first finish for the 2014 club...Possibly Maybe!
Or, as I called them, Definitely Absolutely, because there was no contest on which of the two sock patterns I was going to knit.
I made one big modification...I continued the pattern down the heels. The socks in the pattern are photographed on this wonderfully fuzzy "bearskin" rug, and the depth that the model's heels sunk into it tricked a few of us into thinking that there were going to be patterned heels.
But when I scanned the pattern...plain heels! So I decided to make up a heel. If I had to do it again, I'd do things a litle differently...you can peruse my Raverly page if you're curious for more details.

I've actually started the second pair of socks, and they are going much quicker. Both patterns are inspired by Björk, so I'm calling them Swan Feathers. =)

I also took some better pictures of my Vamp socks:
My legs are not cold, they're just so white they're blue, LOL!
These socks were a little tedious to knit, but I LOVE how they turned out.

And the obligatory cookie shot:
Chocolate Crackles. I was honestly disappointed...they seemed kinda dry. I may have done something wrong, though.... The hubby still scarfed 'em. =)

JiffNotes
For more fab fiber...head on over to Wisdom Begins in Wonder!

10 comments:

Brenda said...

OMS!!! What cute socks!!! I love them both!

Now....to try and figure out HOW to knit socks. I have several books trying to TEACH me and had my best friend try to teach me one time while away on a retreat. I didn't get it then....thus my buying the books to teach myself. If I can't figure it out, I may end up donating the yarn to you to make for yourself some new socks! LOL

WonderWhyGal said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE both pair of these socks! Good call on the heel. I love the design there instead of a plain heel. I really need to cast on a new pair of socks.

krayolakris said...

Love both pr...great job Heather! Cool heels!

Jackie's Stitches said...

Gorgeous socks! I love them both. I would have never been able to figure out how to get the pattern on the heel.

Shirlee said...

The socks are gorgeous but you have me hungry for cookies now : )

imnverted said...

wonderful socks!

Blu said...

Those socks are all so gorgeous!
I really need to learn how to knit them, or find someone I can con into making them for me.

Julie said...

Gorgeous socks, well done!

Karoline said...

Gorgeous socks, congratulations

Delusional Knitter said...

Love the socks - love what you did with the heel. I love her patterns, but there's so much purling and twisted stitches ... eeekkk!

Old Geek-outs