Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Smalls SAL June 2017

Click now for JiffNotes


No idea what the Smalls SAL is all about? Click the graphic above to learn more (and see lovely smalls from others!)

All I managed last month was finishing a small I had already finished the stitching on, but I'll take it as a win!
This is Keep a Little Secret by Just Nan, also known as She Who Makes You Stitch Really Intricate Designs, Only to Hide Them in a Tin or Box. I love it, anyway.

Why did I have so little time this month, you may ask? Well, I spent two weeks in Shanghai and and Tokyo! And let me tell you, jet lag is REAL. I'll just show you one thing for now...I "rescued" this temari from an airport gift shop on the way out of Tokyo.
Isn't it gorgeous? I say I "rescued" it because...airport gift shop. And it was only about $20! I know how much work went in to this temari, and I will appropriately appreciate it!

JiffNotes
Yup, I was gone for a while...but I have a good excuse...I was out of the country!

10 comments:

Brenda said...

Oh I have that JN project in my stash to do....one day. But seeing yours makes me want to stitch mine! Love the Tamari ball!!! Love it!

Goofin' Off Around the Block said...

I absolutely adore the little peacock piece. I hope you enjoyed your trip. Tokyo and Shanghai are on my bucket list...some day... Have a good day! --Andrea

Leonore Winterer said...

You have a very good excuse about being away! Will you tell (and show) us more once your jetlag is gone?

Kerryp77 said...

The peacock is gorgeous. Such an intricate design.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Haha, why does JN do that? Let's have them all on display!
Lovely Temari Ball. Looking forward to hearing about your trip.

Ellen said...

Looking forward to hearing all about your trip. We hope to go there next year.

Mary's Thread said...

I love your Just Nan peacock! And the temari is gorgeous! I would like to try that...someday!

Sheryl said...

Pretty Just Nan peacock, what lovely work and colours.

woolwoman said...

oh the JN peacock tin is just gorgeous - lovely finish! nice little souvenir from the airport gift shop. hope to hear more about your trip. Mel

Julie said...

Pretty finish and stunning all you brought back from your trip.

Old Geek-outs