Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Theme-Tas-Stitch Just One July

Theme-tas-stitch

What is Theme-Tas-Stitch, you ask? Kerry hosts a theme every month that you can build your stitching plans around. Click on the picture above for more details!

This month's theme was..."Just one July - Pick a focus piece for the month and see how much progress you can make - show us before and after pictures if you can."

You don't have to wander around my blog for very long to know that I am most definitely NOT a one-at-a-time stitcher. I'll pick something up and then get distracted, or have a deadline, and switch pieces faster than a strand of blending filament tangles. But as I mentioned in my last post, I was gone for a good chunk of June (and yes, you will get some pictures at some point!), so I was actually a little fatigued and didn't have the energy to pull out any new pieces. Since Prancer was already on the Q-snaps, I stitched on him all month! I had stitched on him a little at the end of June, and I was planning on checking in for last month's theme (gardens), so I only stitched on his greenery. Here's where he was at the end of the month:
You can see, like previous progress pictures, there was #stillNoDeer

But here is how he looks now!

Hunh. It turns out that if you focus on one thing, you actually make visible progress! Who knew??

Next month's theme is "Animalia August - Give some love to those projects with our furry or feathered friends."

What do you think I'm stitching on next month? As my mom used to say, I'll give you three guesses and two don't count...

6 comments:

Julie said...

He's emerging nicely on the fabric

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Deer butt!!
Great progress and if you stick with him I'm sure you can finish him next month.
Unless you get distracted by dragons like some of us are...

Goofin' Off Around the Block said...

What a cute piece...it's Christmas in July with your needle and thread. Great progress. --Andrea

Mary said...

You made really great progress and it is looking really good.

Leonore Winterer said...

Great progress! He would still fit in for August...but I kind of want to see more dragons!

Tiffstitch said...

Are you going to continue on since he fits the theme? Or stitch some dragons like a few of us are doing? :) Excellent update and hope August gives you some time to relax.

Old Geek-outs