Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Squpdate

The scan I posted Monday of my Squirrel fob was actually from Friday. Look how far I've come!

I have decided that this year, I am going to try this weird, strange new concept: working on One Project at a Time. =) Now, I'm never going to be a true One-at-a-Timer...I'll still have a few different knitting projects going...a travel stitching project...I want to keep up with a SAL on Ye Shall Prosper (I'm ahead right now =). But look at the progress I've made on Mr. Squirrel! I hope to make more tonight during AI....

I did get an extra hour of sleep last night, which means I feel vaguely human today. =) I hope to catch up some more tonight. It's possible you won't hear from me again 'til after the weekend. The loose itinerary is Thursday stitch night, Friday I try to finish my major project in a half day then to the High Museum to see the terracotta warriors, Saturday we go see King Tut, and then maybe to Knitch. And merriment, merriment the whole time! =)

5 comments:

Daffycat said...

That squirrel is adorable. Who is the designer, please? This is to be a fob? Darling! I can't wait to see it completed!

Erin said...

Squirrel is too adorable. Oh, you're going to see Tut! Can you do me a favor? Keep your eyes open and let me know if you think I would be able to go all the way to the end, but NOT exit the exhibit, then go all the way back to the beginning. We're trying to figure out a way to see it one weekend while my parents are visiting, but we don't want to do it at breakneck 4 year old speed. So if Pair 1 goes all the way through while Pair 2 waits outside with L, then Pair 1 can go back to the beginning, and Pair 2 can come in with L. Pair 1 will go through with L at whatever speed he wants, while Pair 2 enjoys at their leisure. Pair 1 will exit the exhibit and wait with L while Pair 2 finishes. That's the plan. I just need to know, from someone who has been to the exhibit, if it will actually work. I'll ask you again after the weekend, I just wanted to tuck the thought away in your head before you go. Thanks!

Susan said...

Great progress, Heather!

It sounds like you've got a fun weekend planned!

StitchinKat said...

Cute squirrel Heather! I have the chart myself (Heart's Content freebie) and may just have to add it to the endless queue now that I've seen it!

life as I know said...

Hey Heather, your squirrel is adorable, and you're making great time on him. Way to go with the "One-at-a-time" efforts, I'm right there with you, although something always pops up last minute. (like the gift to knit for my mailman's new baby)
Thanks for the welcome back to the blogosphere; I'll try to keep things fresh, fun and relevant.

Old Geek-outs