Friday, November 15, 2013

Theme-a-licious No-Xs November Check-in



The first project I worked on this month was actually a holdover from Opulent October....
 
This is Victoria Sampler's Heirloom Christmas Sampler, and the gold garland is stem-stitched. I had to get over myself so that I didn't try to "count" it out, since it's on linen.

Next, I did a little on Toccata....
 
I'm not thrilled with my satin stitch on the bottom right there, but at least another block is done!

Finally, I figured it was time to finish off my hardanger ornament. I did some Algerian eyelets, then I cut out the threads for the center.
 
And I was all like, HARDANGER! I know how to do this stuff! And then I looked at the diagram for connected wrapped bars, and my brain turned inside out, and here's how it still stands. I'm going to dig out my copy of Fundamentals Made Fancy and find a real diagram.

By the way, I do have a vague plan for Theme-a-licious for next year...I'm thinking, since participation has waned a bit, that we all might need a little break. What would you think about a theme every other month?



Have you happily gone off the grid? Or are you going cross-eyed trying to work without Xs? Please add your link below (to your check in post), and visit some other Themers if you can (everyone loves comments and encouragement!) Our next post will be on the 30th of November, when we'll wrap up No-Xs November and talk about Detritus December!


7 comments:

Jackie's Stitches said...

Lovely projects you've been working on this month!

I went sideways early this year after doing so well last year. Need to get back on track. I like the idea of having monthly themes but checking in only once a month. I don't stitch enough or fast enough to post twice a month.

♥ Nia said...

Beautiful tree :)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I demand monthly themes! And the right to ignore them and stitch the Anti-Theme piece instead LOL.

I don't mind if you recycle themes from the previous two years though, they don't have to be new ones.

Your tree is beautiful. It's been a while since I've done any hardanger. I have an old UFO with some in I'd really like to dust off and finish!

Karoline said...

I'm taking a break this month as I need to finish Mermaid Heart & some ornies. I'm fairly relaxed about next year.

You've worked on some great projects, nice to see Toccata again

Zeb said...

Hahah this is the post that made me go WHEEE!!!11! on your blog. I love Toccata but haven't started it yet, and am only just starting to learn how to do hardanger.

Gillie said...

I fell off, I'm sorry :( Monthly would be good, can't do 2x a month oh let's face it I can't do it AT ALL recently, lol!

Hope you are feeling better, gorgeous walks.

Melanie said...

So off the grid I was never on it? I love love love the idea of it but I know me and the 'me' that I know would never follow a theme for any amount of time, even a year long theme. Heh. ADD much?
Love the tree piece. The pine branches are so delicate looking and the lace on the bottom! Gah! It's awesome. :)

Old Geek-outs