Monday, November 7, 2011

The Geekend That Was, 11/6

Click now for JiffNotes

So you may remember I was away all weekend in Arizona (which, by the way, does not go on Daylight Saving Time, which means my shiny extra hour got dumped somewhere in a Colorado lake as I flew back home). The class was...overwhelming. More sewing than I am really capable of (like, with a MACHINE, oh noes!), so I am going to have to figure out how to bribe someone to help me or something.

Unfortunately, I have not been home while it is light in order to take pictures of the stash that followed me home (I am NOT responsible, I tell you), so for now, all you get is...

A NEW CAR!!!
 
This is our new Prius, only three days old in this picture (taken at the Dwarf House--the original Chick-fil-A grill--just before Michael dropped me off at the airport). Michael is now obsessed with raising the fuel consumption over the life of the car. He's already up to 50.5 mpg!! Hilarious. I guess if you're going to obsess over something, fuel efficiency ain't a bad thing.

JiffNotes
New car! And jet lag. Don't forget the jet lag.

10 comments:

Carrie said...

What a great new car! We can be Prius twins! I'm with Michael, I like to get the fuel up as high as I can.

pinkundine said...

Cool car ;) My boyfriend just got a car that tells him the fuel economy and it's so cute watching him try and edge it up higher and higher (especially as he has never been a particularly economical driver)

Annie said...

Always feels good to get a new car. I'm sure you'll have wonderful tales to tell us about all your adventures in it and your fuel savings!

Julie said...

My Prius just turned 10 years old.

I wish Michael more luck than we have had with getting his fuel consumption to improve with time. Ours only averages 50mpg no matter what we do =)

krayolakris said...

Heather, we're counting on you to post Arizona pictures...and stash, yes, the stash!!

Love the new car!

TeresaB said...

Just one question...Who's fault is your stash enhancement? I know you're not going to blame your friends that were shopping with you.

Melanie said...

Shiny! *pets*

Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

Your car is gorgeous! Don't tell my husband - he will be so jealous - he wants a Prius of his own. When we bought my car, he was trying to convince me to get a Prius, and told me about how much gas I would save - I told him I drive 1.8 miles to work each day, so it didn't seem worthwhile to get the Prius instead of the Corolla. I told him he can get a Prius when it's his time for a new car :)

Tony Vila said...

Hooray for the Prius! I've still got my first-gen granola-burner, myself - Hovering around 150 kilomiles. Love. It.

Jenny said...

New car - wohooo! Congrats on that!
"Geekend" - LOL!!!
I'll be on the lookout for the stash pics. Oh, and Bubba has a new "buddy" (as in "new nemesis"), Princess! She says hi to you too.

Old Geek-outs