Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Uninspired TUSAL

Click now for JiffNotes

(What's a TUSAL?)

So. The only reason the jar is full this month is due to some shopping from Stitches South and subsequent yarn winding (yeah, yeah...post coming).

I'm in a bit of a slump right now, with blogging, stitching...etc. I didn't even finish my April portion of Random Thoughts (though I came close)...I just ran out of steam. I was planning on finishing the Stumpwork Bumblebee this month. Well, I did finish the turkey work. But I realized that I'm not going to be happy until I restitch two of the four wings. Which honestly shouldn't take too long. But I think I'm also a little terrified...ok, maybe REALLY terrified...to do all the cutting and trimming. Mainly the trimming. I'm worried I'll just keep trimming and trimming until I trim entirely too much and ruin the thing!

I'm leaving today for Boston for JBoss World (geeky geeky blah blah blah) and I won't be back until Friday night. I fully expect to be completely exhausted, even if I am NOT planning on participating in the Official Conference Bar Crawl. Seriously. I think these people may be crazy. At least I'll get a couple hours of knitting or something on the plane. And perhaps I'll bring my mojo back with me.

JiffNotes
Beantown, here I come.

2 comments:

Parsley said...

We have all been in a slump. Hang in there.

Katri said...

Slumps happen. Just hang in there :-) PS: Thanks for the Hobbit video in the previous post.

Old Geek-outs