Tuesday, November 6, 2007

There's a Wookie in my shower

Click now for JiffNotes

DH mentioned he saw something about Star Wars on the Today show, which I'm almost sure has to do with this. No matter. It was enough. A sound arose from the shower...a gurgling, slightly melodic sound. The gargling had begun.

Something about Star Wars makes my husband want to gargle themes in the shower. I suppose I should be glad he's not making up words to them and singing in the shower instead (not that he has a bad voice). To be fair, his rendition of the Force Theme is wonderful. And his Imperial March is inspiring (in a manner of speaking). But today, after the Force Theme, came something unrecognizable.

"What was that?"

"Han and Leia's Theme. Why, what did you think it was?"

"It sounded a little like the deranged warbling of a peacock in heat."

"Well, at least I got the passion component in there!"

"Ah...."

JiffNotes
Some girls' husbands sing like birds. Mine gargles like one.

3 comments:

Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

Thanks for the reminder - I've been thinking of taking DS to that exhibit.

I don't know that I've ever heard the sound of a peacock in heat...

Erin (moviemuse) said...

Thank you! I had not heard of that exhibit. Doubtful we'll make it in Chicago, but it will be in 3 other cities after that. It will be either our 10th anniversary trip, or we'll take L for his 4th birthday. We'll just have to see how things go. And you should hear L's rendition of the Imperial March. It is *so* funny!

mainely stitching said...

Oh how sweet. Mine likes to sing ...

Old Geek-outs