Tuesday, May 15, 2007

May Memories, week 2

For week two, I decided to work on Catherine Theron's Quaker Sewing Case. Teresa and I had originally started a stitch-along (SAL) on it last October after ASG. Unfortunately, it fell by the wayside...I did complete October-December's installments, but didn't finish January's once the monthly themes started. I have been working on the outside of the case (which is Florentine worked in wool) on the way to work off and on, so January's installment of that is done.
This week, I decided to work on January's "over one" installment: the pocket. And here is what I have to show for my week! Kind of pathetic. Although, I really didn't have that much time to work on it, and Sunday and Monday I worked on She Maketh Fine Linen instead. I don't have that much to show for that, either! Two over-one initials and four stacked herringbone cartouches. To make matters worse, I was going to get out Magical Night today, and I'm now pretty sure all the fibers and the chart for it are boxed away. *sigh* To substitute, I'm either going to work more on Blackwork Band Sampler or work on Wedding Sampler or even possibly what I think is actually my oldest existing WIP: Summer Carousel Horse. I know I was working on it in college, because it was barely saved when my room in the sorority house flooded. That's a great story....

No comments:

Old Geek-outs