Monday, March 19, 2018

Gifted Gorgeousness March 2018


What is Gifted Gorgeousness, you may ask? It's the brainchild of the lovely and talented Jo at Serendipitous Stitching, who invites us to celebrate gifts we've been given that we are stitching on (or gifts we're stitching for others). If you're up for seeing more eye candy, click on the graphic above and visit Jo's link up post!

This is my birthday edition of gifted gorgeousness, so it's going to be a little on the gifted to ME side. If you haven't visited me before, I'm currently indulging in my version of March Madness, which means that I stitch a different project every day, as dictated (or "heavily suggested") by a slip of paper I draw from the Sparkly Compote of Decree. One of those projects was a gift from a friend for my birthday *ahem* several years ago...Shakespeare's Flowers:

For my birthday, we went to Disney World, where I got to wear this birthday button:
This is a very awesome thing, as all the cast members wish you happy birthday (and occasionally give you free desserts!)

My wonderful spouse gave me a beautiful card that he drew...
Those flowers all bloom in Animal Kingdom, where he gifted me with a behind-the-scenes safari experience!
Awww! It was an amazing experience. (I'm still going through the pictures!)

While I was at Disney, some socks kits from the Tsarina of Tsocks went on sale (for 24 hours!!)
These socks had always been on my "someday" list...in fact, a lot of her socks kits are on my someday list...but then the designer passed away, and I thought that I had missed my chance. She really was a truly gifted designer, and her designs would come with pages and pages of design notes and inspirations.

I also signed up for Ysolda Teague's yarn club, which I regretted not signing up for for the past two years! Hooray for birthday money!

I'm looking forward to playing with this yarn as soon as I'm done with my assignments for Loopy Academy!

9 comments:

Brigitte said...

Happy Birthday, Heather. And enjoy all the wonderful gifts you received.

Christine said...

Happy Birthday!
Shakespeare's flowers is very pretty. I look forward to seeing those socks knitted up, they look really complicated

Jackie's Stitches said...

I've been in Ysolda's club for both of the prior years and haven't knit one project! I sold one but the rest are just there waiting for some attention! She always has something unique in her projects.

What a great gift from Michael and the card is beyond wonderfuL!

Justine said...

Happy birthday Heather! What lovely gifts you received. The card from your husband is very special and I bet you enjoyed the surprise safari.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. Happy Birthday too, what a great way to spend the day - free desserts!

Your sampler is beautiful as is your hand drawn cards.

Kaisievic said...

Happy, happy birthday, Heather. It certainly looks like you had a wonderful one. Shakespeare's flowers is so pretty and I love your new knitting projects.

Julie said...

Well done that man ... what a special and beautiful card he made you.
Nice new socky yarn and patterns.
Loving Shakepeare, that is such a pretty design so far.

jocondine said...

I know I'm late for your birthday, but still in the right month! Joyeux Anniversaire ! We plan to go to Paris Disney at the end of April and as my last visit was years and years ago I want to celebrate with a lot of postcards. xxx

Leonore Winterer said...

Sounds like you had an awesome birthday - and invested your birthday money really well too!

Old Geek-outs