Saturday, November 1, 2014

Theme-a-licious October/November



So, if you will remember, I asked you to pick which project I should start this month in addition to a Jardin Privé design.

Plum Pudding, by Glendon Place, done in the colors of Baked Alaska, was the clear winner, with half the votes. Happy to oblige. =)

But I felt bad disappointing all of you who voted for Quaker Christmas II.
So I started it, too. =)

In fact, I started it instead of either of the Jardin Privé designs! I'll have to save them for another time. I completely intended to start one, but then I remembered that I reeeeeeeeally should be working on my EGA nametag, which was designed by Jane Timmers of Fancy Work.


She very kindly charted all of our names and our chapter name, which is why the waves look a little wonky right now...I'm stitching around the chapter name.

Now let's talk about THIS month, which is...



No-Xs November
What can you make without making an X?? Blackwork, hardanger, embroidery, needlelace, and the list goes on! Don't panic...you can even backstitch for the month!

I will be taking a stumpwork/goldwork class from Alison Cole in Florida. And I definitely have quite a few other pieces in progress that fit into this category. I have a hardanger ornament that desperately needs to be finished, and a couple canvas pieces that need some love. Not to mention a stumpwork piece already in progress.



So how did your Oft-Overlooked October go? Did you find some hidden gems in your stash, or did you have to source something new? =) Are you panicking about finding things to work on with no Xs?? Please add your link below (to your latest Theme-a-licious post), and visit some other Themers if you can (everyone loves comments and encouragement!) I will announce the theme for December around the middle of the month, and our next post will be on December (!!) 1st.

4 comments:

Erin (moviemuse) said...

You're the first person I've seen do one of the Glendon Place dessert mandalas in an alternate colorway. I'm being boring. Both of mine (that I've just started in the past couple of weeks) are being done as designed. I have Plum Pudding waiting to start, but I'm still hunting for the right fabric. Two strikes so far!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I'm sorry I can't see to find how you fit in this month's theme!! Lovely new starts anyway.

I think I will struggle with next month as I have obligation stitching, although there are metallics and beads involved!

jocondine said...

So, no x, so much sewing and drawing to do, maybe the opportunity to do this amazing temari I bought sometimes ago. xxx

Katri said...

I sort of dropped out of the whole of blogistan last year and never finished with Theme-a-licious... But now I'm trying to be good again, and wonder if there are themes planned for next year, so I can attack my wips with new vigour?

Old Geek-outs