Round Two of the stitching questions, courtesy of Bonnie...
11) Who is your favorite designer?
That's tough. All-time, probably Teresa Wentzler. But I have a lot of favorites! I love The Drawn Thread for doing fun-to-stitch designs, and Moss Creek and Jackie du Plessis for clever finishing.
12) Least Favorite Designer
Well, I'm not sure, since I probably pass over their designs, I wouldn't have internalized the names!
13) Will you/would you support a designer whose personal beliefs offended / angered you?
I agree with Bonnie that it would depend on the magnitude of the issue. In general, I probably wouldn't even know the designer's personal beliefs unless they named their company "I Kick Puppies Designs" or something!
14) Do you have a lamp especially made for needleworkers/crafters?
Yes, though I rarely use it.
15) What brand of stitching lamp do you have/prefer ?
I have an Ott light, but I prefer good ol' sunlight. =)
16) What kind of environment best suits you when you are stitching?
Quiet and sunlight is optimal, but I usually stitch in front of the TV.
17) Have you stitched any design more then once?
Good heavens, I don't think so. I may have stitched an ornament twice at some point, though.
18) Favorite design you have stitched and finished?
I really like Chatelaine's Snowflake Nativity (at least, the part I stitched). It's so sparkly!
I also really love the Anniversary Sampler I made for my parents, too (click for bigger):
But maybe my favorite stitched thing wasn't really a "design" and it wasn't just stitched by me. Three friends and I did a round robin, where we each designed at least one band for the others' samplers...and they were all unique.
19) Least favorite design you've stitched and finished?
That would be this mouse I did for my sister because she was going to make a quilt for my niece. This quilt was never made. And that is all I will say about that.
20) Last, but not least, what's your longest running WIP?
Hum. This depends on what your definition of Work in Progress is, technically. And while I'm all for overly technical discussions, let's just say it's the oldest existing piece of fabric with stitches on it that isn't finished. And that would be Magical Night, started in the last millennium. =)
- ► 2016 (21)
- ► 2014 (54)
- ▼ November (6)
- ► 2012 (179)
- ► 2011 (141)
- ► 2010 (22)
- ► 2009 (37)
- ► 2008 (70)