Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Puzzling

Click now for JiffNotes

On New Year's Eve, we had some friends over for a fun night of board games. We brought up the table that normally sits in the Craft Cabana, because our coffee table is not rated for Dutch Blitz. After New Year's, Michael suggested we keep the table upstairs and do a puzzle! I was all for it, since this was a tradition in my house during the Christmas holidays when I was growing up. We'd set up a puzzle, and people would work on it as they walked by. One person working on the puzzle tended to draw others in, and a group would grow and then wane as people lost interest (or got hungry). So the puzzle would grow by fits and starts. Michael's not so much for the pausing in the process, though! Friday night, after a couple weeks of putting together around 800 pieces, the fun was just starting, since he had chosen the Puzz3D Millennium Falcon... Thank goodness they provide a guide... It's a little disheartening when you see that that one section that took you so long and was so annoying to put together is just a structural support and will be totally hidden in the finished model. Michael applies the all-important satellite dish...

And here it is, in all of its geeky glory! And the most hilarious detail...the glowing propulsion strip!
Someone asked if we were going to glue it together. Nope, it'll go back in the box for another ?? years until we get the urge to put it together again!! I am hankering to do a "normal" puzzle now, though....

JiffNotes
Bet you thought this post was going to be about my BA, didn't you?

5 comments:

Jill said...

Hey, you are rolling on this blog thing. And the MF looked great - since I got to see it in person.

Jean in Georgia said...

Your comment about "puzzling" brought back memories... when my dad was with us, he and my mom almost always had a puzzle going and we'd all sit and work on it when we visited. :) Good times. Thanks.

imnverted said...

I used to get with my mil for puzzle time when we would go visit. The puzzles would get harder and harder and then stopped altogether when I bought her one of those that has the same pic on both sides but turned 90 deg. Just dont know why we stopped...

Love the Falcon though!

Anonymous said...

Awesome!

Darn, Jason's going to want one of these now...

Anonymous said...

Heather,
I didn't see a place where I can e-mail you so I will respond here.

For the stitching bloggers links, it is 4 weeks since your last post when I delete a blog from the list but since I can not keep track of blogs once deleted you will have to notify me when you are posting again. Thanks for notifying me, you have been relisted!

Old Geek-outs