Friday, June 15, 2007

Meme-o-licious

Stolen from Erin...

1. Are you taller than your mom?

Yes, but just barely!

2. What color is your car?

Well, I don't have a car right now. DH's car is "Patriot Blue". If I had a car, it would be blue. =)

3. What is the closest thing to you that is red?

Well, my speaker on the computer is muted, so there's a little red "X" by it. Other than that, it's the Tangrams on my page-a-day calendar.

4. What is your ringtone?

Some arpeggiated thing that came with my phone.

5. Are you sick?

Miraculously, no. I say miraculously because in the past few weeks I have gotten little sleep and have been on vacation, two things normally guaranteed to make me succumb to illness.

6. What color is your favorite pillow?

Favorite pillow? Favorite pillow??!? What kind of fickle slumber harlot wrote this meme? Pillows are not to be switched amongst like so many pairs of shoes! My only pillow is buff. (In color...DH is also buff, but not in color :b)

7.What is your favorite video game?

Halo. I also loves me some Viva Pinata. It's like video game crack. My favorite classic vid game (arcade) is Ms. Pac Man, my favorite original Atari game is Frostbite, and my favorite PC game is Super Tetris. Or Minesweeper. Or Spider. If I had back all the time I spent on those three alone, I probably could have solved the world's oil crisis or something.

8. Had a nap today?


=( No. I almost never get that luxury, and usually when I try, I've got too many things on my mind for it to "take". Sunday afternoons are the only time I can usually nap.

9. Gold or Silver?

That depends. My wedding ring is gold, but I tend to veer towards silver jewelry in general.

10. Is there an animal that creeps you out?

Snakes! Although they are technically reptiles.

11.Who was the last person you rode an elevator with?

Random guy I work with whose name I don't know.

12. Did you go iceskating as a kid?

Yes, and I was just as terrible at it then as I am now! Weak ankles or whatever. I rock at roller skating, though.

13. Ever have stitches?

Mmmm...I was going to say no, but I think I had one when I had a cyst removed from my temple.

14. Favorite non-alcoholic drink?

Egg creme, although that can be made alcoholic quite nicely. =) Other than that, hot tea of the flavored variety (and my favoritest is Orange Dulce Mighty Leaf...like drinking candy, it is).

15. How long ago did you kiss someone?

About an hour and a half ago.

16. What's something you want to do before you die?

Go all over Europe.

17. Have you ever caught something on fire?

Yes, and even on purpose. =)

18. Have you ever seen a ghost?

Well, I've seen "Ghost", but other than that, no.

19.Have you ever seen the northern lights?

Nope.

20. Do you know how to use chop sticks?

Yes, but I'm not very shozo (skilled). =)

21. Name something good that happened today.

So far, I guess that would have to be that my WOMBAT scores submitted (unlike yesterday).

22. What room are you in?

The "library".

23. Are you worried about something you can't control?

That's like asking me if I'm breathing.

24. Do you take daily medications?

Nope, although during allergy season, it feels like it.

25. Ever been in a fight?

Like physically? No, although I have been worried about being jumped by an insane ex-girlfriend before.

26. Are you wearing nailpolish?

Only on my toes. I'm almost always doing something with my hands, and being a programmer for a living, with all the typing, it's just not worth it.

27. Favorite color?

Blue!

28. Innie or Outie?

Innie.

29. Ever used a Ouija board?

Good heavens, no! And praise God I haven't; I've heard some really scary stories about prolonged use.

30. Sweet or Sour?

Sweet.

31. Sun or Moon?

Sun, even though I am not a morning person. I hate winter because there's so little sunshine.

32. What shoes did you wear today?

So far, slippers. Right now I'm barefoot because I'm about to work out. After that, it'll be sandals...since that's pretty much all there is during Summer! =)

33. Favorite eye color of the opposite sex?

Blue, blue, blue.

34. Most important quality in any relationship?

Mutual respect.

35. Favorite zombie movie?

This isn't really a movie, but a video...Thriller. (Cheese-tastic!!)

36. Do you know how to kill a zombie?

This is a trick question, right? Zombies are ALREADY DEAD. That's why they're zombies. If you want to stop one moving, though, I think you have to shoot it in the brain. Brains....

37. Time of day you were born?

About 6:30 in the morning, and I've never been up that early since, LOL!

38. Do you know your blood type?

Yes. Am I supposed to tell what it is??

There's no 39, so I'm going to talk about blood types. My family becomes fascinated with the weirdest small things. At some point, they got fascinated by blood types. Now, blood type heredity is very simple. You get one gene from your mom, and one from your dad. A and B are dominant, O is recessive. So if you get an A from your mom and and O from your dad, you're an AO, and A is dominant, so you're type A. Since O is recessive, you can only be an O if you got an O from both parents (making you OO).

So if you know your mom is type A and your dad is type O, and you know you're type A, which two genes did you get? That's right, and A from mom and an O from dad. For some reason, my sisters are incapable of remembering this. We have the same conversation at almost every get-together.

"What type are you?"

"A."

"So what type is Mom?"

"She's A as well."

"But I thought Dad was A."

"Nope. He's O."

"But I'm type A and my son is O."

"That means your husband is O."

"So how can my son be O if I'm A?"

"You're an AO, 'cause Mom's an A and Dad's an O. He got an O from you and an O from his dad."

"So O is dominant?"

"No, O is recessive. Dominant/recessive has nothing to do with what's passed on, only with what trait is...er...dominant once you've got it."

"Oh, I see. I wonder what Grammy and Grampy were (on Dad's side)."

"Well, we don't know, because Dad's O. They could have been A, B or O."

"How could they have been A or B if Dad's O?"

*sigh*

40. What would you spend 5000 dollars on right now if you were handed it?

I'd get this really cool table DH likes from Design Within Reach, and then I would pay a contractor the rest to get our stairs in the new place fixed before July 1st. If I couldn't find one, I'd get blinds for the second floor in the new place.

41. Name something annoying in public transit?

Not being able to get everywhere using it.

42. Girls are:

Fickle.

43. Guys are:

Idiots (except DH, who only acts like an idiot once in a while in order to remind me he's a guy).

44. Parents are:

Obsessed with their kids.

45. Did you grow up in the city or country?

Country, but I'm a city girl at heart. Or at least a small-town girl.

46. Would you ever consider going on a reality tv show if offered a large sum of money?

Depends which show. Actually, more like, different shows would require different amounts of money to get me to go on them. Like, to get me to go on Survivor would take a huge sum, because I don't do well without protein and I'd be afraid for my health (mental and otherwise, LOL!)

47. Have you flown in your dreams?

Yes, both with and without airplanes. :b

48. Hugs or kisses?

Yes, please. Although I only want kisses from DH.

49. You have 10 dollars to spend in the dollar store, what do you get?

10 things. Well, actually, 9 things, because there'd be tax. Duh! ;)

50. Slurpee flavor?

No, thanks, I'd rather have an Icee (cherry).

2 comments:

Erin (moviemuse) said...

ROTFL!! This is almost as good as what the Yarn Harlot posted on her blog the other day. I know you knit, so you've probably already seen it, but here's the link, just in case (she can't figure out how old she is, despite knowing what year she was born; the engineer in me cannot comprehend her lack of understanding!): http://www.yarnharlot.ca/blog/archives/2007/06/14/im_doing_two.html

geeky Heather said...

I did read that post, and was totally flummoxed on how her brain was working!

Wait 'til I post about laundry detergent....

Old Geek-outs