Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Heather's Favorite Cookies (No-Bake, 30 Minute Microwave)

Click now for JiffNotes

I really was cruel not to give you this recipe when I posted about these cookies yesterday!

It's hard to know what the best thing about them is. Is it the intense chocolately-ness? Is it the vague feeling they may be slightly healthy because of the oatmeal? Is it that you probably already have all the ingredients on hand? Or is it the fact that from the moment you get the idea in your head, to the time you have a cookie in your mouth, takes only THIRTY MINUTES??

Yup. That's probably it.

"Heather's Favorite Cookies"
aka No-Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies

In a large bowl, microwave
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
in 1-minute increments until melted. When the stick of butter is about 3/4 gone, you can just stir to melt the rest.

Add
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 1/4 cup cocoa (I use dark Dutch process)
Stir; microwave until the mixture has boiled for about 1 minute. This takes 3-4 minutes.

Stir in
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter (smooth or crunchy!)
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
until the peanut butter is melted.

Stir in
  • 3 cups oats

Drop by spoonfuls on wax paper. Stare at them eagerly until they set.
Consume and enjoy!

JiffNotes
The only thing better than yummy chocolate cookies is yummy chocolate cookies that take only 30 minutes!

4 comments:

Carol said...

Boy, does this bring back memories--I made countless batches of these when I was growing up (without a microwave, of course, as they didn't exist back then!!)... Think I'll have to make some for myself very soon :)

Dani - tkdchick said...

Oh yum!!!

mybearsnme said...

30 minutes... chcoclatey goodness... I'm sold!
I found you through the blog party - if you need a giggle - come and visit me at
http://leftoverchocolatestitches.blogspot.ca/
:)

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

They look very tasty:)I couldn't just eat one... I'd have to make sure they are ok,so at least half the batch would be consumed!

Old Geek-outs